Overall, I made some good progress on several goals, and after having one big one get cancelled then reactivated, it also got accomplished! Tweaked one goal and added a few new ones. All in all, a fairly promising start to the year goal wise!
- Contribute $2,000 to my Roth IRA
Buy a new vehicle (Nissan Rogue, 2015 or newer, under 40,000 miles, $20k or less)– DONE! also already sold old car, so yeah! 🙂
- Mortgage balance under $120,000
Fitness and Health
- Strength training targets – we added more exercises to our routine, so added goals for them 🙂
- 30 lbs dumbbells for the bench exercises – tweaked to match how we record them
- 50 lbs for lat pull downs – now at 45!
- 50 lbs for triceps push downs
- 60 lbs on seated row
- 60 lbs for fly
- 40 lbs for reverse lateral
- 40 lbs for leg extension – NEW! currently at 20 lbs
- 40 lbs for lying leg curl – NEW! currently at 10 lbs
- Swimming targets – been really bad about the pool so far, though it’s also been freaking cold a lot!
- 30 minutes, 800 yards
- 45 minutes, 1000 yards
- 50m freestyle without having to pause at the wall
- 100m freestyle without having to pause
- 200m kick without having to pause
- Dental work
- Second round of extractions – aiming for first or second week of this month 🙂
- Fillings (three rounds)
- Deep cleaning
- Teeth replacement
- Get back to following Naturally Slim principles – doing baby steps, so starting with actually doing the timing when I’m eating alone, not just when I’m with my partner
Around the House
- Glue down kitchen counter on new cabinets
- Get a new grill
- Insulate attic
Get an estimate on new backyard fence– CHANGED! After one of my dogs got out and got lost for 45 minutes, my sweetie helped me start a metal one ourselves
- Get an estimate on converting living room grate to trap door
- Mow once a month
- Clean gutters
- Declutter/straighten every room in the house, acquiring whatever organizational stuff is required for said goal
- Home office – about half done, just need to do the closets and decide on any reorganization that may be needed
- Living room
- Dining room
- Breakfast Nook
- Master Bedroom
- “Cat room”
- Utility Room
- Replace master bedroom mattress and box spring
- Finish metal fence – NEW! Longest part is done, just need to do the sides
- Add switch and redo networking so both desktops are hard-wired, along with TV, PS4, and maybe PS3 – NEW!
Get two more pairs of shoes – one walking, one casual flip-flop/sandal– DONE! Bought a pair of ASICS Gel-Kayano 23s (though I’ve had to return twice now for being too small), a pair of Saucony Women’s Cohesion TR9s, and a pair of Teva Tirra Athletic Sandals Get three more pairs of jeans – non-elastic waist!DONE! Got FIVE even! Three pairs of Riders by Lee Indigo, a pair of Gloria Vanderbilt Amanda jeans, and a pair of Dickies Perfect Shape jeans! All different colors of course 🙂
- Get an album to store trip “paper memories” in – seriously, are old fashioned “magnetic” albums that hard to find???
- Non-goal blog post at least once a month
- Learning Japanese
- Finish Human Japanese Beginner
- Finish Human Japanese Intermediate
- Buy new laptop – decided to wait until late July, as that’s when they generally have the best prices
- Play at least 5 console games
- Watch one or more episodes from ten anime series
- Watch the Harry Potter movies
- Read at least three hours a week
- Take either the Zend Framework or PHP Certification exam – NEW!
- Complete at least two Udacity courses related to web work – NEW!