If you want to reach out to me, and don’t want to just leave a comment on a post, feel free to send me a message using the form below.
Please note: while in general I’m happy to hear from readers and will generally try to help other developers if I can, I’m less inclined to do so if:
- you get my name and/or gender wrong (it’s easy enough to find here), or you call me by my last name without an appropriate honorific (I’m not a cop, and really I hate being called by my last name even with an honorific because I’m also not my mother :-P)
- if you ask for help working an example from an article that’s 2+ years old and deals with dated libraries (for example, the Replacing CFGrid with DataTables article series) or with things I no longer work in (Mango blog, for example; ColdFusion will eventually be there too in another year or so)
- you ask for sensitive data, like full database structures, full server paths, access to our systems (seriously?), etc.; my examples are deliberately left at least somewhat vague, particularly when dealing with work product, because security, hello!
- your message is rude…kinda goes without saying, but just in case…
- its spam; spam is unsolicited commercial contact, period, and you trying to somehow proclaim that because you found me online and are providing information about a service it is somehow not spam doesn’t change the fact that it is, and annoying; spam gets auto filtered and reported