Start of the year means new goals. With the pandemic continuing to go on longer than I ever imagined, I’m trying to keep my goals a bit tamer to account for not being able to drive for at least three months (health issues), having another big house thing going on this year (see goals), and not wanting to continue my seeming tradition of making too many goals that I end up never accomplishing because I get overloaded and expect too much of myself. For most groups now, I’m aiming to have no more than five goals, though for some I have allowed up to 10, particularly if some are fairly small.
These are goals revolving around anything related to my personal finances.
- No new credit card debt
- Calm my tits on Twitch giving to no more than $100 a month in bits/subs/tips/donations
- Drainage loan balance to $3,500 or less
- Figure out best way to finance foundation/crawlspace/bathroom stuff
Fitness and Health
Anything related to exercise, weight loss, general fitness, and being a healthier me.
- Strength training at least 3 times a week
- Cardio at least 2 times a week
- Redo Wondr program and try better to stick to it
- More mindfully practice self-care
Around the House
One big goal, which will probably dominate the house stuff for the year outside of simple stuff like cleaning and the all
- Fix crawlspace foundation issues
- Get quotes on bathroom redo – design idea and costs
- Dust the walls
- Get two new rose plants
- Find a display table type thing for Lego sets in the dining room
- Clean out junk in the home office that hasn’t been touched in 5+ years already
- Clean out unneeded boxes in home office and library offices
- Get Roomba to handle the bulk of sweeping
- Decide on replacing whiteboard or removing and reclaiming wall space
Streaming and Writing
A new category! Goals specific to my Twitch streaming and my writing life.
- Get new emotes
- Redo sounds and alerts to be more customized
- New overlays
- Do first 24-hour stream
- Add a third stream a week
- Restart writing career or decide if done with it
Pretty much anything else that doesn’t fit in the other categories but don’t group with each other enough to have separate ones, so things like hobbies, professional development, and the like.
- Play at least 20 video games
- Read 100 books
- Update An Eclectic World to Laminas, Bootstrap 5, etc.
- Get caught up on picture editing and posting
- Finish Essentials II in Simply Piano
- Go through Essentials III in Simply Piano
- Update personal homepage links
- At least one evening off PC for three hours a week
- Replace sandals/water shoes
- Buy two new pair of jeans/pants