I decided this year to switch from monthly goal updates to quarterly ones. I’d done similar with another set of goals I have and found it pretty helpful, so let’s see how it goes here 🙂
The quarter started off with losing my big love machine, Blue, to rapid onset kidney failure. Understandably, this had me fairly blah for a few weeks, where I filled some of the loneliness with building my Lego Ghostbusters set. In the year up to her passing, Blue had high monthly medical costs, which was a major reason my budget was so derailed. My last remaining girl, Yuki, was then also diagnosed with kidney disease, fortunately early stage, and kidney stones. So she is now on a prescription food, but otherwise no medication at this point.
As such, I have about $400-600/month of my budget freed to go to debt repayment. I was able to get a 0% balance transfer APR to help me tackle the credit card debt, which should help speed up the pay down quite a bit, versus the variable rate I had before. So I’m slowly eating the balance down bit by bit. I was also able to get the emergency fund back up, which was a bonus.
That said, here’s how I did January-March of 2019!
Emergency fund back to $1,000– DONE!
- Credit card balance below $6,000
Fitness and Health
- Strength training targets – aiming to go up in weights at the end of April
- 50 lbs total (bar or 2×25 lbs dumbbells) for dumbbell and shoulder press – current: 17.5 lbs
- 25 lbs for bent over one arm row – current: 17.5 lbs
- 60 lbs for lat pull downs – current: 45 lbs
- 45 lbs for triceps pulldown – current: 35 lbs
- 60 lbs for chest fly – current: 40 lbs
- 50 lbs for rear delta fly – current: 30 lbs
- Swimming targets
- 45 minutes, 1000 yards
- 60 minutes, 1200 yards
- 100m freestyle without having to pause at the wall
- 200m kick without having to pause at the wall
- Teeth replacement
- Regular dental cleanings
- Hit 5,000 steps each workday goal
- Hit 5 flights of steps each workday goal
Around the House
- Clean out garden beds (again)
- Replant side garden bed
- Mow at least once a month
- Finish backyard metal fence
- Paint kitchen trim
- At least one non-goal blog post a month
- Play at least 10 video games – Kingdom Hearts III done!
- What Remains of Edith Finch
- Tales of Vesperia
- Kingdom Hearts 3
- Watch one or more episodes from ten anime series
- Persona 5 the Animation
- Read at least three hours a week
Assemble the Ghostbusters Firehouse Lego set– DONE! And it is awesome!
- Get a phone holder for the car
- Get portfolio albums for large pics
- Try at least six new recipes
- Do at least two crafty-type projects
- Get back to using 10-5-10 timer (i.e. NaturallySlim timing) for most meals