As always, July is when I revisit my goals, drop the ones that are no longer feasible, add new ones, etc. With the expenses of the girls, I’ve had to pare down some of the big, expensive goals or drop them all together. I’ve also added new financial goals that speak more to my current status versus where I was in January. Suffice to say, lots of changes and comments below, wee!
Contribute $2,000 to my Roth IRA– CANCELLED; due to the girls medical expenses, I had to halt contributions so this one is a no go Mortgage balance under $120,000– CANCELLED; after buying the car plus the girls, not enough extra money to throw at the mortgage now Credit Card paid in full– CANCELLED; with it at $9,000 and likely to hold steady or go a little higher, paying it in full by December just isn’t happening…instead…
- Credit card balance below $6,000 – NEW!
- Set up Flexible Spending Account for medical expenses – NEW!
- Emergency fund back to $1,000 – NEW!
Fitness and Health
- Strength training targets – I’m still on track for these and determined to keep going! I did reorder them in the order we actually do them at the Rec though LOL
- 30 lbs dumbbells for the bench exercises
- 50 lbs for lat pull downs
- 50 lbs for triceps push downs
- 60 lbs on seated row
- 40 lbs for leg extension
- 40 lbs for lying leg curl
- 60 lbs for fly
- 40 lbs for reverse lateral
- Swimming targets – the swimming ones are going to be tougher, but I’m keeping it in the plan for now, main thing is I need to get back to consistently swimming!
- 30 minutes, 800 yards
- 45 minutes, 1000 yards
- 50m freestyle without having to pause at the wall
- 100m freestyle without having to pause
- 200m kick without having to pause
- Dental work
- Fillings (three rounds)
Deep cleaning– DONE! Cleaning– DONE!
- Teeth replacement – may get pushed to 2019, just depends
- Get back to following Naturally Slim principles
Around the House
Insulate attic– CANCELLED; due to funds going to other priorities Get an estimate on converting living room grate to trap door– CANCELLED; not going to get it done this year, so don’t want to waste the time
- Mow once a month
Declutter/straighten every room in the house– CANCELLED; more due to them being too nebulous for me to have a “done” point than anything else
- Living room
- Dining room
- Breakfast Nook
- Master Bedroom
- “Cat room”
- Utility Room
Replace master bedroom mattress and box spring– CANCELLED; again due to funds and higher priority items being the focus the rest of this year
- Finish metal fence
- Redo networking so both desktops are hard-wired, along with TV, PS4, and maybe PS3 – since I have everything, this one is still on, though may not happen until it cools off again now LOL
Build shoe rack– CANCELLED; due to funds and other priorities Paint home office– CANCELLED; due to funds going to other priorities
- Paint kitchen
- Garage remodel – don’t know if I’ll finish this year, but continuing on with it 🙂
- Non-goal blog post at least once a month
- Learning Japanese
- Finish Human Japanese Beginner
- Finish Human Japanese Intermediate
- Buy new laptop or fix current one
Play at least 5 console games– DONE!
- Read at least three hours a week
- Take either the Zend Framework or PHP Certification exam
Get all pictures currently on CD moved to comp; get all negatives in sleeve album– DONE! Get all negatives scanned and digitized as well– CANCELLED I grossly underestimated how many negatives I have LOL; I’ll keep working on the project but it isn’t getting done this year
- Go through Wilton Cake Decorating courses
- Learn PHP 7 – NEW!
- Play at least 5 games from the backlog – NEW! Can be console or PC