As I mentioned in my last post, I’d planned on buying a car, then decided to wait a year or so so that I could save up the money to do it the way I preferred, i.e. max 3 year loan that was no more than $15,000. Alas, my current car has apparently decided that at 15 years of age, she is tired and wants to retire. With almost $2,000 in repairs looming, and having done almost $2,000 in repairs last year, I’ve decided that she’s right, and its time. So the search for the Nissan Rogue is back on, a little more specific than before, but there.
Alas, I am having to compromise on the loan, and do a 5 year one, but I’ll be paying over each month and aiming to get it paid off in 3 anyway. And as I need to accept my loan within 30 days, I’m aiming to have the new car within that time frame as well. I have a few potentials, though none local. Reached out to the nice fellow at Douglas Nissan just to see if they do, though, before I deal with a 2-3 hour drive to get one out-of-town.
Other than that, one goal done, two more near done, and progress on another. Also accomplished one I didn’t list, replacing my desktop 🙂 Now have a nice, gently used Lenovo Thinkstation P310, still has a year left on the warranty even! It is so much faster and more powerful! Yay! I can actually really use Adobe Premiere Elements now!
These are goals revolving around anything related to my personal finances and debts. At this point, my only outstanding debt is my mortgage, so now mostly focusing on improving savings and retirement, and planning for future, larger purchases.
- Contribute $2,000 to my Roth IRA
- Buy a new vehicle (Nissan Rogue, 2015 or newer, under 40,000 miles, $20k or less) – Originally cancelled, then reactivated so tweaked to my target vehicle
- Mortgage balance under $120,000
Fitness and Health
For once, no weight loss goal. I haven’t given up on doing it, but I’m quitting putting it down as a goal because it’s always a fail. Instead, focusing on specific targets for the types of exercise I do, as well as taking care of myself stuff.
- Strength training targets – so far doing really well here! Now getting to the rec regularly, at least twice a week; basically aiming to step up the weights each month, so should be on target
- 60 lbs total (bar or 2×30 lbs dumbbells) for the bench exercises
- 50 lbs for lat pull downs
- 50 lbs for triceps push downs
- 60 lbs on seated row
- 60 lbs for fly
- 40 lbs for reverse lateral
- Swimming targets – not doing as well here due to not getting to the pool at all this month; too many cold days and more Rec construction are not helping
- 30 minutes, 800 yards
- 45 minutes, 1000 yards
- 50m freestyle without having to pause at the wall
- 100m freestyle without having to pause
- 200m kick without having to pause
- Dental work
- Second round of extractions
- Fillings (three rounds)
- Deep cleaning
- Teeth replacement
- Get back to following Naturally Slim principles
Around the House
Most of the huge house projects are done, for now, so focusing on smaller ones this year. Also making an effort to really go through my house and get rid of the junk, reorganize, etc.
Get the new living room A/C installed– DONE!!! Yay!!!! And it works wonderfully!
- Glue down kitchen counter on new cabinets
- Get a new grill
- Insulate attic
- Get an estimate on new backyard fence
- Get an estimate on converting living room grate to trap door
- Mow once a month
- Clean gutters
- Declutter/straighten every room in the house, acquiring whatever organizational stuff is required for said goal
- Home office
- Living room
- Dining room
- Breakfast Nook
- Master Bedroom
- “Cat room”
- Utility Room
- Replace master bedroom mattress and box spring
This segment includes goals for pretty much anything else that doesn’t fit in the other big categories, but aren’t enough to have their own. This includes hobby stuff, professional development, and the like.
- Get two more pairs of shoes – one walking, one casual flip-flop/sandal – ordered but not marking done yet since need to make sure they fit 🙂
- Get three more pairs of jeans – non-elastic waist! – ditto! got five even!
- Get an album to store trip “paper memories” in
- Non-goal blog post at least once a month
- Learning Japanese
- Finish Human Japanese Beginner
- Finish Human Japanese Intermediate
- Buy new laptop – Decided on the specific one I want, a Lenovo ThinkPad P71, now just waiting on a good sale 🙂
- Play at least 5 console games
- Watch one or more episodes from ten anime series – three so far: Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card, A Place Further Than the Universe, and How to Keep a Mummy; I’m also watching The Ancient Magus’ Bride, but not counting it since it’s the second cour 🙂
- Watch the Harry Potter movies
- Read at least three hours a week – my sweetie laughed at this one, said it was way too little for me, so I upped it from one hour to three 🙂