I ended up refinancing my mortgage, which dropped my interest rate by 1% and dropped my payment. Helped free up a little more money to go to other things, since it seems like we will never get a real pay raise again. *sigh* TAMU Parking is also jacking up the cost of a numbered parking spot by over $100 a year, so I’ve put in to switch back to a non-numbered space which will drop my yearly price by almost $300, so another mild boost to the paycheck.
Unfortunately, I also can’t keep putting off fixing the drainage issues anymore as the effects on the foundation are becoming significantly clearer and way too fast. So got that estimated. Roughly $8k, so had to take out a $10k personal loan for that. As such, some goals have changed up a bit, and I’ve also formalized a few that I already had loosely in my head.
- Pay off my personal loan (car)
- No new credit card debt
Fitness and Health
- Consistently exercise 3 times a week
- Get braces
- Find a new PCP and get a checkup
- Get bridge – NEW! Crown broke and couldn’t be replaced, so having to do a bridge and a crown on a tooth beside it; this may affect the braces goal
Around the House
- Get new plants in the main garden
- Replace gutter spout extension
- Mow lawn at least once a month
- Get foundation checked
- Deal with the leak under the house from tub pipe
- Rake up leaves around “deck” – in progress; half done, just need to do the other half
- Declutter house
- Replace dead roses (two)
- Get trailer hitch on Ruby Moon
- Do at least one project: build shoe rack, build a new bookcase, close off garage door to the utility room, or replace bathroom sink
- Get an estimate on painting the house and repairing/replacing cedar shingles, as needed
- Fix the sidewalk so it at least isn’t sinking anymore – in progress, part of the drainage fix
- Repair/replace fence gates
- Get drainage issues address – NEW! – decided this needed to be done before the foundation; deposit paid
- Clean up library: deal with rugs, clean out closet, declutter, clean the damn floor, and deal with shelving! – NEW!
- Price out costs of replacing TV for future planning (includes TV itself, TV cabinet, etc) – NEW!
- Complete 20 video games – 3 done, 4 in progress
- Read 100 books – 32 read so far, on goal so far
- Update the ICEE guide
- Update front end of An Eclectic World to Bootstrap 4
- Replace worn-out clothes
- Do at least two web-development related blog posts
- Do at least twelve non-goal blog posts in general
- Get Elgato set up already – made good progress! Just need to address two issues and should be good to go
Wipe laptop and reinstall Windows, see if it fixes issues– DONE! And didn’t have to wipe
- Get pictures off mom’s laptop and decide what to do with it – pictures off, just haven’t decided with mom’s laptop
- Get caught up on picture editing and posting – making good progress, got the cell phone pics from Dec through March done and most of Wimberley done finally!
- No more than 2 weeks between new pics taken and processed!
- See if can budget to replace laptop and/or monitor(s) this year – NEW!
- Rebleach hair to deal with roots/new growth – NEW!