Only two goals done this month and added a few more on the basis of my new overall plan for improving the cooling/heating situation in my house without getting central HVAC. Really need to work on knocking out some of those smaller goals :-/
- Pay off the $5,000 personal loan I took out to replace the flat roof
- Get mortgage balance below $85,000
- Get student loan balance below $20,000 – getting so close!!!! balance at just under $21,000….thinking I’ll hit this one in September or so!
Keep Ting bill under $30/mth.– fail…with calls to my mom every weekend, it is consistently at $35/mth. Not bad, but still, $30 just isn’t happening
- Pay off Discover Card, in full – didn’t spend as much on the vacation as and balance peaked at $2,425. Was able to pay just under half with the vacation savings I’d done over the last few months in prep and skimming from other sinking funds. Estimating the rest will take me roughly three months.
- Work out payment plan and pay off goal for roof work – NEW! (see new goals in Around the House)
Fitness and Health
- Reach target weight of 145 lbs. (weight on January 1st: 165.6) – Current Weight: 163.6 – fairly stuck between 161 and 164 🙁
- Do some form of physical activity, be it go to the rec, walk, or bike campus, at least twice a week – doing good with this one and am walking most days during lunch at work despite the heat; also took part in A&M’s free fitness assessment and will be taking advantage of the new free classes and personal trainer
Get a new swimsuit so have option to swim by this summer– DONE just before the trip 🙂
- Work up to consistently walking up the stairs at work, where feasible (if carrying groceries, etc. can still take elevator) – was doing okay for a while, but failing more recently…
- Bike ride at least once a week, weather/life permitting – haven’t done it in a while actually 🙁
Around the House
- Update/replace locks on front and back door
- Replace or repair ripped up screen door
Replace faucets in bathroomand add shut off valves (stretch: replace the sink with a decent, relatively inexpensive vanity) – don’t need to replace the faucets as the flow issue fixed itself, apparently the aerator has been bad all this time! it finally broke enough for a piece to come off and look, flowing water again! Still want to do the shut off valves though 🙂
- Paint bedroom
- Repair holes in fascia board and soffits – will most likely be done with roof stuff added as goal 14 & 15
- Clean up/out home office closet (smaller one)
- Clean up/out built-ins in cat’s room
- Get the final drawer back in the actual kitchen cabinet
- Weed front gardens and try to add new plants as finances permit
- Get another display cabinet for figurines and what not
- Repair or replace garage door opener
- Get caught up on filing of paperwork and shred old stuff
- Get a daybed, futon, chaise, or the like for the home office – NEW!
- Heating/Cooling Plan, Step 1: get main roof leaks repaired or, depending on cost comparison, go ahead and have the roof replaced as it is likely old enough to go either way; at same time get ceilings repaired that were damaged by leaks – NEW!
- Heating/Cooling Plan, Step 2: get all old insulation, and if possible attic fan, removed from attic – most likely will be done with roofing – NEW!
- Complete at least one “project,” started or not, that’s sitting around the house (e.g. puzzle, design own painted pony, horse rug, model car kit, etc.)
- Play through at least 3 console games (Tales of Graces F won’t count for this purpose since it was primarily paid in 2015) – now playing Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, roughly 60-70% done or so…
- Finish at least one PC game of: Age of Empires II (by completing all campaigns), Age of Empires III (ditto), Baldur’s Gate, Dragon Age: Origins, or
Railroad Tycoon II(complete all missions)
- Watch at least 40 DVDs from collection – 8 so far
- Cull DVD collection
- Recode An Eclectic World to PHP with proper admin
Evaluate possibility of switching to new hosting company– DONE! new host selected and first site, this one, moved!
- Get caught up on cataloging playbills
- When hit target weight, give self a $200 budget to go clothes shopping and get rid of any remaining “fat” clothes
- Again look at, and hopefully take, Oracle Certified Professional, MySQL 5.6 Developer Certification exam
- Look at and potentially take Zend PHP 5.5 Certification exam