2022 ended with some major life changes, including the unexpected end to my thirteen-year relationship with my, now former, sweetie. My beloved Yuki passed away, and Kumo joined the family. While the foundation and bathroom were done last year and turned out awesome, it left me with a pile of debt to deal with, a collapsing hall ceiling, and a lot of damaged drywall to deal with. And of course the episodes I started having in 2021 have never been firmly diagnosed, and thus are unresolved.
So coming up with my goals to start the year off with has been daunting. I think about all the stuff I need to deal with this year, like taking Kumo through training classes, replacing most of my pants (the ones that actually fit me are ripped and need replacing if I can’t get my weight down enough to wear all the new pairs I bought last year), likely needing to replace my phone this year, probably need new lenses for my glasses, want to put more money into my stream for updates, etc etc.
And, of course, still trying to think through things to account for not having my sweetie in my life, like having to possibly hire someone to install a window AC because I can’t lift it. Having to pay travel costs all by myself. Arranging transportation if needed for some medical stuff. Trying not to even think about dealing with blood draws in the future.
These are goals revolving around anything related to my personal finances.
- Drainage loan balance below $2,200
- No NEW debt – an exception would be made for consolidating debt, but right now not on the table as it would double my mortgage rate
- Be firmer on staying ON budget with spending, particularly in my problem areas of overspending on Twitch ($100/mth) and gifting ($100/mth)
- Cashflow trip to NC in April
Fitness and Health
Anything related to exercise, weight loss, general fitness, and being a healthier me.
- Strength training at least two days a week
- Some form of cardio at least two days a week
- Consistently attend therapy sessions per recommended schedule and be open/vulnerable and all that
- Sleep at least 5 hours a night
Around the House
The unending money sink…
- Fix hall drywall, particularly the ceiling
- Repaint house exterior
- Clean gutters
- Lego display set up and dining table cleaned up
- Clean out junk in the home office that hasn’t been touched in 5+ years already
- Clean out unneeded boxes in the home office and library closets
Streaming and Content Creation
Goals specific to my Twitch streams and other content creation.
- Consistently stream three days a week
- Release at least 10 more Let’s Plays on YouTube
- Frame and hang Subathon poster
- Complete at least 12 games on stream
- Stream another PSOne game
- Stream another PS2 game
- Stream a PS3 game
- Update overlays
- Make or purchase official logo/avatar/icon thingie
- Get new emotes
Pretty much anything other goals that don’t fit in the other categories like hobby-related stuff, pet stuff, professional development, and the like.
- Successfully take Kumo through obedience foundations classes
- Complete Essentials III in Simply Piano
- Read 20 books
- Update An Eclectic World to Laminas, Bootstrap 5, etc.
- Get through picture editing and posting from June 2022 and before