Setting goals for 2021 is a challenge, considering the madness that was 2020 and the still on-going pandemic, which derailed so much. I don’t know how much longer I’ll be working from home, though I suspect a few months into the year until the vaccine is widespread enough that it’s reasonably safe to get back to the office. And before I could finalize the goals, I decided to refinance my mortgage, still a 15 year, but 1% drop in the interest rate and a lowered payment, which gave me the breathing room to actually have the option to do other things this year, like big financial goal #1 since we got no raises and likely won’t for a long time to come. :-/
I decided that this year I will NOT do the chain goals, or at least, I won’t enter the next “link” until the smaller one is done, because I found seeing the rest of the chain was daunting.
These are goals revolving around anything related to my personal finances.
- Pay off my personal loan – i.e. my car loan, which was done without a lien on the car; currently $8,400 remaining
- No new credit card debt
Fitness and Health
Anything related to exercise, weight loss, general fitness, and being a healthier me. These are lighter than I might normally do because still working from home.
- Consistently exercise 3 times a week – basically, get back to it
- Get braces
- Find a new PCP and get a checkup
Around the House
Aiming to get smaller projects done around the house since bigger ones are still out of the budget
- Get new plants in the main garden
- Replace gutter spout extension
- Mow lawn at least once a month
- Get foundation checked
- Deal with the leak under the house from tub pipe
- Rake up leaves around “deck”
- Declutter house
- Replace dead rose
- Get trailer hitch on Ruby Moon
- Do at least one project: build shoe rack, build a new bookcase, close off garage door to the utility room, or replace bathroom sink
- Get an estimate on painting house and repairing/replacing cedar shingles, as needed
- Fix the sidewalk so it at least isn’t sinking anymore
- Repair/replace fence gates
Pretty much anything else that doesn’t fit in the other categories but don’t group with each other enough to have separate ones, so things like hobbies, professional development, and the like.
- Complete 20 video games
- Read 100 books
- Update the ICEE guide – two new entries to add, at least!
- Update front end of An Eclectic World to Bootstrap 4 – as mentioned in my 2020 wrap-up, I have at least started it
- Replace worn-out clothes
- Do at least two web-development related blog posts
- Do at least twelve non-goal blog posts in general
- Get Elgato set up already
- Wipe laptop and reinstall Windows, see if it fixes issues
- Get pictures off mom’s laptop and decide what to do with it
- Get caught up on picture editing and posting
- No more than 2 weeks between new pics taken and processed!