So the expected medical bills didn’t come because the hospital screwed up my address! So got calls from this early this month and two of three paid. Yuki, my youngest dog, developed a UTI, so a few vet bills in there as well. So credit card now a nearly $3k balance, but expecting to rack up another $2-3k in medical expenses likely over the coming year between surgery round two, a bunch of dental work, and a medicine I’m on that runs $75/month (was at $100/mth, trying a different brand). I did at least get my APR lowered so some small help, plus Discover is really good with their grace period so I haven’t actually paid much in finance charges.
Root canal went well and I am excited to finally be giving my teeth decent care, even with the cost. Tired of having such ugly, broken teeth! Next up for that will be two extractions, followed by two more, than fillings on almost every tooth I have left. Then replacing the missing ones. Wee! I’ll never have a “pretty” smile, but at least my teeth will not be all broken and dysfunctional 😉
I also never put the “finish editing the 2016 Italy pictures” in the goals, but I did FINALLY get that done!
Anyway, July is typically when I revisit my goals and look at dropping any that are no longer feasible or on the radar, doing any adds, and so forth, meaning lots of changes and comments below as I’m having to cull some goals in lieu of the looming expenses and changing priorities.
- Mortgage balance below $80,000 – this one is going to be close…by my calculations, it may not be possible anymore with the minimal extra going to it, but still going to try
- Student loan balance below $15,000 – still well on track here and should happen after this month’s payments!!!
- Student loan group 06/07 (oldest loans) paid in full – with this month’s payments, should be at around $1300 or less; with the credit card running debt now fairly unavoidable, I’ll probably focus more funds on getting this one done; with a good push, I think I’ll have it taken care of in August or September
Additional $1,500 added to Roth IRA– CANCELLED – doing $100 a month and plan to keep that going, but that will bring it to $1,200 for the year and just no room for extra at this point
- Emergency fund back up to $1,000 – NEW!
Fitness and Health
Weight down to 160 lbs. (weight on January 1st: 172 lbs.) by June– FAILED – past June and while back out of the 180s, not even back to 172, much less 160
- Weight down to
150160 lbs. by end of year – changing this from 150 to 160 since I failed the original Consistently do some form of physical activity at least twice a week at lunch time by July– DONE! my partner and I do a 20-25 minute walk nearly every day and now that he is back on his normal schedule again we are also starting to get to the Rec on a regular basis again!
- Consistently do some form of physical activity at least three times a week at lunch time by October
Walk up the stairs at work at least twice a week by July– DONE! Though had one or two weeks I missed, mostly was consistent, enough to call ti done and move on to version 3
- Walk up the stairs at least three times a week by October
Around the House
Have all old insulation removed from attic– CANCELLED – yet to actually find any way to do it; no services here local and haven’t found any tools that can help Replace living room and home office air conditioning units– CANCELLED – though I’d love new ones, I’ll just have to live with the existing ones for this year because the money is needed elsewhere
- Clean up/out home office closet (smaller one)
- De-weed and restore smaller front garden and replant – still aiming to at least get it cleaned up and reset, since I already have most of the stuff except the soil. planting may be more minimal to avoid extra costs
- Finish kitchen cabinet/counter project! – hopefully finished this month 🙂
- Reorganize kitchen and breakfast nook to utilize new cabinet and clear out the junk! – NEW! I really do need to get myself to throw or giveaway stuff from my shelves that have gone unused for 3+ years, like a strange assortment of empty jars “I’ll use one day” and crap like that
- Clean off home office desk and get caught up on my filing and shredding! – NEW! and at the seriously ridiculous level
- Get memorial shelf set up for mom – NEW!
- Play at least 5 console games – Two done! Finished Persona 5 and Final Fantasy XV started (and probably about 90% done) 🙂
- Code new PHP importers for An Eclectic World
Code web-based admin for An Eclectic World– CANCELLED/POSTPONED – yes again. I have another project I need to work on though that could potentially make income, so pushing this to the back burner for now since the importers take care of my most immediate needs